We strive to make a difference to the global community by working with our partners to enable access to a world class university education.
We manage a range of services for sponsor agencies and scholarship recipients, from point of application through to student graduation and beyond. The International Scholarships Unit within UQ Global Engagement works with stakeholders across UQ in addition to government agencies, non-profit organisations and corporate partners.
We welcome new sponsoring agencies to contact us to discuss how we can support your strategies through our world class programs and services at firstname.lastname@example.org
World top 50 university
Sponsored students from over 90 countries
Working with more than 85 sponsors
For over 50 years we have provided scholarship delivery and management services to Australian and international governments, corporate and non-profit partners worldwide.
We have demonstrated experience and expertise in capacity building through partnerships. The approach is one of identifying needs in consultation with partners and delivering timely outcomes to ensure success.
New and existing global partners can be assured that the International Scholarships team has extensive experience in managing scholarship programs and has best-practice processes in place for the management of your students.
Our management strategy includes:
- Providing leadership in the management of the sponsor-UQ relationship.
- Assisting with the coordination of sponsor partnership agreements.
- Providing guidance in the application and selection of potential scholarship recipients.
- Regular academic monitoring and progress reports, in accordance with the conditions of the scholarship.
- Liaison between University Schools and Faculties, academic and support services, students and sponsors.
- Coordination and assistance with financial arrangements, such as tuition fees, Overseas Health Cover (OSHC), stipends and third party invoicing services, if required.
UQ is committed to ensuring that each student completes their program within the specified time period.
UQ Student Services offers a variety of programs to assist students' transition to life in Australia and studying at UQ, including an English conversation program and workshops on getting started, accommodation, academic and life management skills, and safety.
There are dedicated learning advisors, international student advisors and university transition advisors. UQ provides facilities and services to support numerous faiths and their traditions, as well as a health service and free services for students with a disability, illness or injury.
Our student sucess strategy includes:
- Pre-departure support to prepare the scholarship recipients for studying in Australia.
- Arrangement of airport transport and temporary accommodation, if required.
- An orientation program to help students settle in to the new environment, covering information such as transport, banking, laws, rental accommodation, health and wellbeing.
- Assistance to access services across the University such as accommodation support, counselling, medical, legal advice and academic support.
- Supporting students to build social networks, access career development opportunities and gain leadership skills.
- Assistance to understand sponsors' regulations and obligations.
- Regular communication throughout the semester and at critical points in their degree program.
UQ has great reputation for leadership and innovation. Plus, Brisbane is widely considered one of Australia's most livable cities and offers a safe, friendly and multicultural environment.
- Van Minh Ngo, Bachelor of Environmental Management (Sustainable Development) alumnus, sponsored by CPHUD, VietnamWhat our students say