As one of the world’s leading research-intensive universities, The University of Queensland attracts distinguished visitors from around the world.
We welcome visits from representatives of international universities, research organisations, industry and government bodies. We work closely with the University's Senior Management Group, Faculties, Institutes and other areas to develop programs that maximise opportunities to nurture and develop collaborative relationships.
Prospective students interested in visiting UQ should not follow the steps on this page. Please refer to the UQ Future Students website to organise a guided tour or advisory session.
Requesting a visit
Representatives interested in visiting UQ should follow the steps below:
Think about when you would like to visit UQ
Think about what you'd like to get out of your visit to UQ
Make a list of all the visitors in your party
Submit the visit request form 30 days prior to your visit
We will do our best to get back to you within five working days
We'll also stay in touch until your actual visit
Organising Your Visa
- All visitors to Australia must have a valid visa.
- Determine which visa may be applicable at the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.
- Apply for your visa at least six weeks prior to your travel.
- Consider Australia’s health and character requirements which must be met as part of the visa application process.
- Submit any letter of invitation request inquiries with the Visit Request Form.