Commitment to Student Success
UQ is committed to ensuring that each student completes their program within the specified time period.
UQ Student Services offers a variety of programs to assist students' transition to life in Australia and studying at UQ, including an English conversation program and workshops on getting started, accommodation, academic and life management skills, and safety.
There are dedicated learning advisors, international student advisors and university transition advisors. UQ provides facilities and services to support numerous faiths and their traditions, as well as a health service and free services for students with a disability, illness or injury.
Our student sucess strategy includes:
- Pre-departure support to prepare the scholarship recipients for studying in Australia.
- Arrangement of airport transport and temporary accommodation, if required.
- An orientation program to help students settle in to the new environment, covering information such as transport, banking, laws, rental accommodation, health and wellbeing.
- Assistance to access services across the University such as accommodation support, counselling, medical, legal advice and academic support.
- Supporting students to build social networks, access career development opportunities and gain leadership skills.
- Assistance to understand sponsors' regulations and obligations.
- Regular communication throughout the semester and at critical points in their degree program.