We have detected you are using a machine at UQ and you do not currently have an active Internet Session. Any externally hosted content will not appear unless you have an active Internet session. Please create an Internet session by going to https://login.uq.edu.au

Science without borders student really digs Brisbane

14 September 2016

Gustavo Henrique Junqueira Penitente came to UQ on a study abroad exchange from Brazil in 2014 and has now moved back to Brisbane to work with Delta Group as an engineer.

"When I first came to The University of Queensland on exchange from Brazil, my goal was to improve my English language skills and gain some international workplace experience— but I got much more.

I have recently moved back to Brisbane from my hometown of Campinas, in the state of Sao Paulo, to work as a project engineer with Delta Group, the same construction and demolition company I interned with while on exchange in 2014.

Improving my communication skills at UQ and then working with Delta Group really gave me an advantage getting a job in Australia once I graduated."

Read full story